Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mother-Daughter Bonding

Last weekend Paul was in Atlanta visiting family and picking up a car we bought from his sister, so Kiara and I had some "girl time" together. One day we went to a local state park where we had a picnic lunch and took pictures of the beautiful scenery. Then we participated in something called "Letterboxing". We were given a list of clues and had to locate the "hidden treasure" which, in this case was a special rock. (See picture below). It was a neat experience, and Kiara and I finished first!


During the weekend we also went bike riding with some friends to a place called High Bridge. It is an old train bed turned into a trail that will eventually go over the bridge which, as the name implies, is very high. Here are some pictures from that:


We also went to the movies, restaurants (several during the weekend!), batting cages, and arcade where Kiara played her favorite hunting game. It was a fun weekend with my little girl who is growing up so fast. Hard the believe she will be 10 next week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherry!
    Thanks for your comments on my blog! I have really enjoyed meeting all the wonderful people this experience has brought into my life. I am interested in learning more about your adoption. If you would like to email, just drop me a line on my blog. Your pictures are wonderful!! It sounds like you had a great mother-daughter time. I know that I have really enjoyed my daughter. Now I am looking forward to learning how to raise a son. I better get reading!!

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete