Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall is Here!

It's really beginning to feel like fall around here! The temperature is perfect-- I love crisp, cool autumn days when the sunshine warms you up just enough!

Paul is in Atlanta now visiting relatives and picking up a car we are buying from his sister. So, Kiara and I have a girls' weekend! I'll be off to pick her up from school in just a couple of hours and thought I'd sneak in a little blogging while I had time.

I am enjoying my part time schedule. The 3 ten hour days in a row seem unending at times, but then the reward of 4 days off makes it all worthwhile!

My brother is coming into town for a visit the day after Kiara's birthday. Then I'll see him again in November for our trip to Germany. Kiara is so excited about her birthday. She will be 10 on October 22nd. Instead of a big party this year, she opted for a Nintendo DS, so that's what she's getting. Anybody out there know if some good games to get?

Here's a picture taken at school of Kiara with some 4th grade classmates. The boy in the middle is her first "real crush". (Hope she doesn't mind me telling the world that!)


Kiara's Quote of the Day: Just recently Kiara asked a friend how old he was and he said, "I'm in my 50's." Kiara replied, "I'm in my 9's."

1 comment:

  1. We have a DS...but mostly 'boy games' Brain Age is fun for all ages!!

    ReplyDelete