Sunday, September 9, 2007

New Garb from Grandma



My mom ordered some new clothes for Kiara from Land's End. This girl is hard to buy for, especially dress clothes, because she is picky about specific things... like shirts can't have elastic sleeves, no "itch" lace or tights (winters are tough keeping legs warm!), dress shoes must be high and "make noise" when she walks, and the list goes on. This skort is perfect because it's comfortable, has her favorite animal on it, and was ordered with matching long socks for the winter-- instead of tights. It also has an adjustable waist that will let her wear it longer. Her grandma also bought another skort, more long socks, several pairs of shoes, and lots of shirts (with no elastic!). Kiara likes being the only granddaughter, and she certainly is spoiled by my mom. But that's okay... my mom waited long enough to have her grandchild. She's allowed to catch up on lost years. I only wish my dad had more time with her. He loved his little "Kari". I am thankful for the 5 years he did have, and his inspiration lives on as I am a mom to my growing girl. Even though he's gone, I still have the desire to make him proud.

3 comments:

  1. Kiara looks adorable (don't tell her that) in her new outfit! Such a tomboy but such a girly girl at the same time! We miss you and can't wait to see in November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no matter what she wears, she looks beautiful....I am so glad she is in our family!

    ReplyDelete