Monday, September 17, 2007

18th Anniversary!

Paul and I celebrated our 18th anniversary over the weekend! We went to Appomattox for one night and stayed at, of all places, a B&B! (We are going to write it off as a business expense... we did talk to the innkeeper a lot and got some good ideas.) The trip was much like our honeymoon in a lot of ways, too... and we didn't even plan that! The similarities were:

  • We left from my mom's house after dropping Kiara off, which was down the road from where our reception was held, and headed in the same direction- towards the mountains

  • We stayed at an inn/lodge that served breakfast the next morning

  • We packed a whole lot of activities in one day (0ur honeymoon was only one night, too--because I had to come back and student-teach.)

  • The feel of the cool, crisp air was the same

  • Paul drove down a one way street the wrong way-- but at least he didn't get pulled over by a cop like on our honeymoon!!!

  • We almost ran out of gas on the way home! (Yes, that almost happened on our honeymoon, too)

  • There may have been one more similarity, but I won't mention it because my mom reads this blog--LOL !
After our mini getaway, we met my mom and Kiara at a Mexican restaurant. Here's a picture of us as we were leaving. The best gift we have ever received in our 18 years of marriage is right there next to us! (No, not the truck!)

Then, on the way home we saw the strangest thing... a completely white deer standing in the road!! I guess it must've been an albino, which I had never seen before. We turned around to get a better look and it went into the woods a bit, but I managed to get a picture (how lucky of me to have a camera available!)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to our favorite Keysville couple! :) The kid, Kiara, is always a cutie! That deer is crazy looking! I'm glad you got a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 18th Anniversary! It was nice that you had a "second honeymoon." I'm sure Kiara was thrilled to get a piglet and I'm sure she will be on your side to keep it off the menu. The deer is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to show this deer to John! I wonder if he's ever seen one. Happy anniversary to a wonderful couple and family.
    Love,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen an albino deer...glad you could share a pic of that!
    Also,love the smiles on your anniversary picture (the best!)

    Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete