Monday, August 27, 2007

Eery Moments


This is a picture of the pond in my mom's front yard. Isn't it beautiful??? I went to spend some time with her over the weekend. Saturday night a really eery storm came through. The sky would turn from totally dark to a sudden sporadic glow with heat lightning that created a silhouette of the tree line over the pond. Then the wind got stronger and stronger until it felt as though we were going to be swallowed up and carried away. It was a memory I think I'll keep with me forever. It just seemed so surreal...
Today I finished remodeling a small room upstairs that we were using for storage. My sister-in-law Joan might remember it as the laundry room (she stayed at Roselawn for a few months when we first bought it). It looked like something out of an episode of "The Munsters"... with wallpaper peeling and black paint on the beaded-board. It looks clean and quaint now- a great improvement!
Speaking of eery storms and creepy rooms... Paul told me that while I was gone we had a guest claiming to be a psychic. When he asked her how she slept she said, "Not too well... the voices kept me awake all night. They were trying to get me in the conversation." Then she mentioned the doctor talking to her. Our house was owned by the first female doctor in the county (after which we named one of the rooms). I'm not even sure if she knew the history of the house. People keep telling us this house has "spirits". My brother even said he could see a ghost in a digital image I sent him. Now this story is freaking me out just a little. Quite strange...
Hope no one's afraid to come visit us now tha I've told that story!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh well, that does it. We aren't coming to visit you all now. HAHA.
    Gosh, that gives me the creeps. I am a fraidy cat anyway. HAHA.
    Interesting though. Take care.

    ReplyDelete