Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Kiara and I are at my mom's house this weekend. We helped her celebrate her 62nd birthday yesterday. She doesn't look that old, I know) Happy birthday, Mom! Hope you're not too mad that I posted a picture of you. (If anyone checks back later and finds the picture gone, you'll know that she was upset!)

It's a rainy, dreary weekend here in Virginia. Seems it has been that way a lot since we opened the Vendors Mall. Despite the weather, the business is getting off to a good start. Slow but good. I'm a little concerned about all the family outings we will miss because of having to work weekends (like this one), but somehow we will work it out. I also just realized that I will have to do breakfasts by myself on Saturday mornings, which usually won't be a problem- except when we have a full house. It will be a challenge to cook and wait on guests all by myself. Maybe my mom will come to help... Or it maybe it's time to put Kiara into serious training mode!

Gotta run... breakfast is calling. And this time I didn't have to make it myself. I love it!

2 comments:

  1. I say put Kiara into some B&B Boot Camp! We'll whip her into shape and teach her to curtsy. Maybe not the curtsy part...

    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marian looks fabulous! Hope she leaves that pretty picture up. Happy birthday, Marian!

    ReplyDelete