Monday, September 14, 2009

Roselawn for Sale

It's official... we signed the papers to put Roselawn on the market today. I am excited, sad and nervous all at the same time. We put a lot of ourselves into making our home and business what it is today. I hate to let go of it... but we are excited about making the space above the Anique Mall into a cool urban loft! We plan to keep as much of the structural integrity as possible, but we will need to upgrade the bathroom and add a kitchen. The goal is to be able to focus all of our energy into that business. It should be much easier living right above it and not having the responsibilities of keep up a 5,000 sq foot house and 2 acre lawn. I also plan to start working part time (for the same agency) beginning in November. Sooo... we have a lot of changes coming our way. Those of you out there who have been meaning to come visit the B&B over the last 3 years but haven't better do it soon! Roselawn, we will miss you...

3 comments:

  1. What?! I am going to cry! I love Roselawn and will miss it so much. I am also so thrilled that the Antique Mall is doing well enough for you to be able to switch focus (I bet cleaning bathrooms will not be missed). But now when we visit I can probably shop 24/7! :) I hope the antique mall will give you more time off so you can visit us. You're welcome to come for Thanksgiving, Xmas or whenever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are new to the area but have gotten acquainted with a few people. Your B&B is lovely but I can imagine the work that must go into it. Living above the Antiques Mall sounds like a wonderful experience and we hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. William A. Palmer, Jr.September 17, 2009 at 12:28 PM

    Say it ain't so! 8-(

    ReplyDelete