Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm Back

Well, I've been back from Germany for a while, but it has taken some time to get back to the world of blogging. I've been putting extra hours in at work so I can flex some time for Christmas. We've got some family visiting and I want to be there as much as possible.

I was super-busy over Thanksgiving managing the B&B and taking care of our guests while Paul was away visiting his brother in Florida. Last weekend we had an Open House at Roselawn for a tour of historical homes. We had another function today- about 20 ladies for a Christmas party. Now the dishes are done and I am sitting back thinking about my dad. Today would have been his 63rd birthday. My mom is here and we had a cake in honor of him. Happy Birthday, Dad. I miss you.
Tomorrow is our church's youth Chrismas program, which somehow I ended up being in charge of. Once that is over, things will seem a little less crazy... but then, I do have lots of shopping to do. Only 12 days left. Won't be long until the 12 drummers are drumming!!!

Our computer had been sitting at our CPA's office for two weeks waiting for a program installation, and I haven't downloaded the pics from our trip since getting it back. They are actually on the back up computer we used while we were waiting to get the new one back. Maybe next post??? But here's one taken while ice skating at an Adoption Celebration event. Kiara was hanging onto us all the way around the rink. Needless to say, we were very tired after about an hour!

Kiara's Quote: Last Christmas I reminded Kiara that she only gets three gifts because that's how many Jesus got-- to which she replied, "Well, there better not be any myrrh!

1 comment:

  1. Kiara looks so grown up!

    To answer your question:
    They are the most fabulous boots in the world. http://www.uggaustralia.com/index.aspx

    They were the big brand that was big with surfers and winter sports and then got really big a few years ago for the masses. Now there are multiple companies that have the same type of boot with the fuzzy/comfy insides.

    ReplyDelete