Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Deutschland

Okay, here are a few pictures from my trip to Germany... Still waiting for my brother to send pics from his camera (hint, hint, Scott)

At the airport headed to Berlin. We were in for a looooong night of flying.


A pretty cool shot of a church tower that stands in the center of the city surrounded by modern buildings. Most of it was destroyed during WWII, but they left what remained as reminder of the terrors of war.


Another haunting scene was one of the many torture areas we toured at a concentration camp. I really learned a lot about German history during the time of Hitler. I'm glad I went, but some of the things I heard were quite disturbing.


Scott and I were standing near the Spree River. One night we walked through a gas lantern-lit garden along the water. That was probably my favorite memories of the trip.

This is Spandau Old Town which is actually older that Berlin itself. It has neat little streets with medieval style houses and lots of neat balconies with that bavarian feel.


My mom and I ate up in that "space needle" on the right. It had a revolving restaurant with awesome views of the city. I love how blue the sky looks in this picture.


Glad I had a minute to post some of the pictures. Of course I have other things I SHOULD be doing right now, but Paul convinced me to take a break and have some family time watching a Christmas movie he rented. Sooo, I got in that relaxation mode, then he decided to first change out the DVD player for one he found (yes, found) because he was anxious to see if it worked. He started over an hour ago, and still no Christmas movie yet... so I wandered on over to the computer and ended up getting to the pictures of the trip. Now what... should I go ahead and start wrapping more presents? Organize this messy office? See what Kiara is doing to the cat??? Hmmm... maybe I'll just check in on my blogger friends...
Kiara's Quote: Her favorite Christmas carol at age 3 was Angels We Have Heard on High, especially the line "joyful and try armpit".

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics, reminds me that I should probably post more. London was wonderful - you should go there next.

    I have been very lucky with this job and do love it. Good at it? We'll have to ask my boss ;)

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry!
    It looks like you had a wonderful trip! I've always wanted to be able to travel to Europe. It looks so beautiful!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures, especially of Spandau. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing trip! And what a beautiful little girl. I especially love "joyful and try armpit"...that's a classic.

    And you own a B&B?! So how far are you from Radford? As you probably know, there's not a whole lot to choose from in Radford if you visit. Your place looks BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete