Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

A friend named Adele inspired me to make a list of my favorite things.... I started this several weeks ago and just finished to post. Here they are:

Since I'm somewhat of a minimalist, it's hard for me to think of many THINGS that I like. The only nicknacks I guess you could say I collect are Willowtree angels. They are like the Precious Moments figurines of the new millinium. Each handcarved angel is so simple yet says so much. The have a "theme" that the figure symbolizes. Hmmm, guess I never thought of it before, but the reason I probably like them so much is because they are so simple! My minimalist side shows through!

I have this love for storage items. I love all kinds of containers that help me stay organized and keep things in their place. I know that sounds a little obsessive-compulsive, but I didn't say I was great at using them. My stuff still piles up in my little organizing baskets... but I love them nonetheless! (BTW, this is not my closet!!!-- I wish is was!!!)


I love the music of Wes King. He's a Pop-Christian artist with so much talent! He was recently diagnosed with leukemia and is a young father of 3. His determination to live and serve God inspires me.


I just adore baby animals. Any kind. (Well, except infant insects and reptiles!) Little lambs, puppies, kittens... they're all so cute! See post above for pics of our recent addition-- Bambi the baby goat (we are fostering him for a few months)!
I also love moonlight reflecting on an ocean, cozy fires, pink skies at dusk, fireflies on a summer night, rays of sun beaming through trees, flickering candles, and the anticipation of a sunrise (when I'm up early enough to catch it!) Most people don't realize the effect lighting has on our emotions and moods. I just love the calmness and peace it can create.




So, those are a few of my favorite things. Have any you'd like to share? Put them in my comments section. I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. I always meant to mention how much I love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete