Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy New Year

Welcome to 2009! I am anxious to see what the Lord has in store for us during this new year. We now own a commercial building right in the town of Keysville. Paul is making plans to open an indoor vendor's mall and possibly rent some of the upstairs spaces to businesses. It is very scary for me, I must admit. I help out when I can and one day might end up working with him full time. We'll see. Here is a picture of the building...
I am still working for Piedmont Healthy Families as an in-home parent educator. It is rewarding most of the time and frustrating some of the time. I feel bad for the moms who are trying so hard to get ahead and can't catch a break, and I feel hopeless working with those who would rather stay stuck in a system that supports their dependency. All in all, it is a great program where I get to use my skills to promote healthy child development. I love working with the little ones, and my flexible 30 hour/wk schedule helps a lot when we have B&B activity.

Kiara is half-way through 4th grade and is literally counting the days until Spring Break. She is Little Miss Sociable and is entertaining a friend here right now as I type this.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 2009 with many, many blessings to come!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the old Ford building! We were wondering what's happened since we were last there. Let us know if you need any help - I think we may need to visit again! :)

    ReplyDelete